The Axis Spine Center team leads the way throughout the Inland Northwest in the research and creation of innovative surgical techniques, pain medicines, and therapies. Our research department conducts clinical studies of new procedures and devices, providing patients with access to the latest surgical technologies and furthering the development of non-invasive healing procedures and solutions.
- Shelley Reed, RN, BA, Clinical Research Manager
- Makenna Girard, BA, CRC
- Gina Olsen, RN, BSN, CRC
The Distinct Study
The TOPS™ Study
The TOPS™ System is a dynamic implant that stabilizes the spine without rigid spinal fixation. The TOPS™ is implanted at one diseased level (between L2-3, L3-4, or L4-5) following decompression surgery to alleviate pain stemming from spinal stenosis and degenerative spondylolisthesis.
Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal, which causes a pinching of the spinal cord and nerve roots that extend from the spine to the legs. Degenerative spondylolisthesis refers to an abnormal slip of one spinal vertebra in relation to another that causes pain in the lower back and legs. For more information, please visit https://premiaspine.com
The ECAP Clinical Study
We are thrilled to be among the first to join the newly initiated ECAP study evaluating the investigational Evoke® Closed-Loop System – the first and only closed-loop spinal cord stimulation (SCS) system – designed for our patients suffering with chronic trunk and/or limb pain.
- Dr. Jessica Jameson and Dr. Joseph Kent at Axis Spine are the first in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho to offer the investigational Evoke® closed-loop spinal cord stimulation (SCS) system under a new clinical trial called the ECAP Study.
- The Evoke® Closed-Loop System is unique in that it is the first and only SCS system designed to measure the spinal cord’s response to stimulation and automatically adjust stimulation in real-time to optimize pain relief.
- The ECAP Study builds upon global studies including the U.S. pivotal EVOKE study – results of which were published in the top neurology journal, The Lancet Neurology.
- The primary goal of the newly initiated ECAP Study is to further evaluate the relationship between neurophysiological measures and clinical outcomes of the Evoke Closed-Loop System.
- To find out if you or a loved one are a candidate for this trial, or to learn more, please contact our team today 208-457-4208 or visit www.ECAPStudy.com.
- CAUTION – Investigational Device. Limited by Federal (or United States) law to investigational use.
Click the PDF link here to learn more!