Ivanka Kuran, PT, DPT, OCS, COMT, ATC
Ivanka Kuran, PT is excited to join the Axis Spine Team promoting diet, exercise and wellness as part of a comprehensive program addressing pain management with both neck and back spinal conditions. She has achieved level IV certification in manual therapy through NAIOMT in addition to Orthopedic Specialty Certification.
Born and raised in Canada, Dr. Kuran received her initial Bachelor’s in physical therapy from the University of Alberta. She then went on to receive her Athletic Trainer Certification from Mount Royal College. After moving to the United States, she received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the College of St. Scholastica.
Ivanka has worked in the Coeur d’ Alene area since 2001 and has recently returned after receiving additional training in techniques, including IASTYM and dry needling, to address advanced spine and orthopedic conditions.
- BSc.PT – University of Alberta, Canada
- DPT – College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Level IV Certified Manual Therapist (COMT) through the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTYM) and Cupping Certification
- Dry Needling Certification
A former cross country and basketball player in college, Ivanka has since completed over 60 marathons and 24 Ironman races. In her spare time, She also enjoys travel, biking, swimming and volunteering in the community supporting youth sports, and organizing local races and events.