Carrie Melrose, PA-C, ATC
Carrie is a board-certified Physician Assistant who recently joined the team at Axis Spine Center. She works closely with Dr. Blizzard and Dr. Roland Kent to provide comprehensive spine care in both the operating room and clinic.
Carrie's background is in athletic training and sports medicine. She graduated magna cum laude from Chapman University with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training and worked as an AT in the high school and physical therapy clinic settings before continuing on to earn her Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Pacific University in Oregon.
She is passionate about optimizing patients' abilities to return to healthy, active lifestyles by offering a holistic and personalized approach to patient care.
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training - Chapman University, Orange, CA
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies - Pacific University, Hillsboro, OR
- Certified Physician Assistant, National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified Athletic Trainer, Board of Certification on Athletic Training
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
When she is not practicing medicine, Carrie enjoys exploring the outdoors through hiking, trail running, backpacking, skiing, and mountain biking. She is also an avid foodie and loves trying new recipes.